Toxicology Litigation Consultants is a forensic toxicology
consulting and expert witness firm based in Georgetown Texas. We provide
services to civil defense and plaintiff counsel as well as criminal
The firm was established in 1997 by Ronald H.
Originally trained and licensed in
Canada, Mr. Tisdell attended graduate school specializing in clinical
toxicology and pharmacology at the University of Texas Health Sciences
Center in San Antonio. Following his tenure in San Antonio, he served as
a founding member of the Texas State Poison Center at the University of
Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas. He served as a clinical
preceptor to students and residents at UTMB where his activities
included clinical care, research and education. In 1987, he was
appointed Director of Clinical Drug Information Services at the
University of Alberta Hospitals in Edmonton, Canada. In his capacity he
served on the hospitals' Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee for the
1000+ bed tertiary care teaching facility, and directed development and
enforcement of institutional drug utilization and accountability
policies. In 1996 he returned to Texas to pursue full time forensic
toxicology activities. He has served as an expert in the field of
toxicology and pharmacology before courts, coroner's inquests and
administrative hearings throughout the United States and Canada. Mr.
Tisdell has published scientific works in peer reviewed literature and
retains membership in respected professional societies in Canada and the
United States. He is currently a member of the Southwest
Association of Toxicologists, the Alberta College of Pharmacist, Texas
Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, National Criminal Defense Lawyers
Our goal is to provide our clients with an
interpretation of facts based on scientifically accepted and
epidemiologically proven principles set forth in peer reviewed
Through the application of our knowledge, skill, training, and ability we bring together the expertise that attorneys, courts and juries rely on when making tough decisions in civil and criminal litigation.
Our offices located in Central Texas are within a short travel time to our clients throughout the State of Texas.
Although our practice is based in Texas we are available to work with legal professionals throughout the United States, Canada and Europe.
We are proud of our participation in dispute resolution involving men and women in the United States Armed Forces.
Please contact us for additional information.
Defense and Plaintiffs Attorneys
- Insurers and the
- Pharmaceutical firms and practitioners
exploration and storage facilities
- Government regulatory
- Healthcare facilities, practitioners and
- Criminal defendants
Alcohol (DWI defense and Dram Shop litigation...)
- Drugs of Abuse (cocaine, methamphetamine, cannabinoids, opiates, hallucinogens, street drugs ...)
- Accident causation (intoxication manslaughter, Department of Transport violations, motor vehicle accidents...)
- Nursing home negligence (drug induced injury, abrupt drug withdrawal, "off label" prescribing, antidepressants, antipsychotics, Tardive Dyskinesia, Seritonin Syndrome...)
- Dangerous consumer products (fentanyl transdermal patch, Seroquel, Zyprexa ...)
- Workplace drug testing (interpretation, workers compensation denial, workplace injury and death...)
- Chemical injury (caustics, VOC's, heavy metals, BTEX compounds, phthalates ...)
- Medical liability (inappropriate prescribing or dispensing practices)
- Bio-toxins (Scalded Skin Syndrome, Botulism, food poisoning, mycotoxins ...)